The campaign #ReadNordic is focused on promotion of Nordic literature in the Czech Republic. It is organized by Embassy of Denmark, Finland, Norway and Sweden in Prague, coordinated by the Scandinavian House and supported by the Nordic Culture Fund, Danish Arts Foundation and Swedish Arts Council.
The campaign started in September 2015 and continues till May 2016 when the Nordic countries will be the guests of honour at the Book World Prague, the largest annual book fair in the Czech Republic with more than 35.000 visitors. The campaign, divided into 8 thematic months (see the table below), is run mostly on social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram – follow and use the hashtag #readnordic). A culture event connected to the campaign theme takes place every month.
A Nordic reading challenge is organized throughout the campaign – read eight Nordic books corresponding to monthly criteria, fill in the e-form or paper leaflet and win a trip to Scandinavia or share your reading experience on social media using the campaign hashtag and win every month. More information here (only in Czech).
#ReadNordic Events Calendar
- 10/05/2016 Nordiske lande æresgæster ved Book World Prague 2016 (Danish)
- 05/05/2016 De Nordiska länderna är hedergäster vid årets Book World Prague 2016 (Swedish)
- 05/05/2016 De nordiske land er æresgjest på Book World Praha 2016 (Norwegian)
- 05/05/2016 Pohjoismaat kunniavieraina Prahan kirjamessuilla 2016 (Finnish)
- 05/05/2016 Nordic Countries as Guests of Honour of Book World Prague 2016 (English)
- 18/02/2016 Pressmeddelande #ReadNordic (Swedish)
- 25/11/2015 Press Release #ReadNordic (English)
- 25/11/2015 Pressemeddelelse #ReadNordic (Danish)
- 25/11/2015 Pressemelding #ReadNordic (Norwegian)
- 25/11/2015 Lehdistötiedote #ReadNordic (Finnish)
- +420 777 926 331
Michal Švec, project coordinator
Jitka Jindřišková, project coordinator