Monday 3-8 pm
Thursday 1-5 pm
FROM MARCH 13TH UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE, THE LIBRARY IS CLOSED DUE TO THE STATE OF EMERGENCY IN THE CZECH REPUBLIC.
Dejvická 3, Prague 6
Check it on Googlemaps
Online catalogue of the Scandinavian House Library
Access to reader’s account (for already registered users only)
The Library forms and manages the following collections:
- Fiction written originally in Nordic languages (Danish, Estonian, Faroese, Finnish, Greenlandic, Icelandic, Latvian, Lithuanian, Norwegian, Saami, Swedish) and translated to Czech, Slovak and languages spoken worldwide
- Fiction written in Nordic languages (Danish, Finnish, Icelandic, Norwegian, Swedish)
- Fiction translated to Nordic languages
- Non-fiction literature about the Nordic countries, especially about their culture, history and languages
- Non-fiction written in Nordic languages
The basic service that the library provides is the lending of materials to all the visitors. Everybody is entitled to study the books in the library and registered holders of the Scandinavian House membership card can enjoy additionally the right to take also outside loans. The membership fee is minimum CZK 100 / year. Check how to become a member.
Book donations are welcome! If you would like to donate us Nordic books, please first contact the chief librarian Zuzana Vorlíková.
+420 777 926 331
Zuzana Vorlíková, chief librarian